Assistant Coach, Men's Basketball
Location: Metropolitan Campus
Reports To: Campus Director
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req1607
Employment Type: Part-Time Support Staff
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: To be determined by the Athletic Director and/or Head Coach
Number of Openings: 1
Supports the head coach in conducting the Men’s Basketball Program and enforcing all rules and regulations of the National Junior College Athletic Association, Cuyahoga Community College, and the Ohio Community College Athletic Conference when applicable.
- Assists the head basketball coach with all practice sessions and games.
- Attends staff meetings when called by the head coach and/or Director of Student Life/Athletics & Recreation.
- Provides emergency first aid and medical care in absence of the trainer.
- Assists with the enforcement of rules and regulations pertaining to conditioning of players and training rules affecting the health and safety of players.
- Assists with the recruitment of student-athletes and scouting opponents.
- Assists with the establishment and enforcement of team rules.
- Assist with conducting clinics, practices, and tournaments.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and the Director of Student Life/Athletics & Recreation.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum two years of experience coaching basketball and recruiting student athletes
- Ability to speak effectively before groups
- Current CPR and First Aid OHSAA Certification
- Commitment to student success
- Sensitivity to the needs of a diverse population
- Associate’s degree
- Experience coaching a men’s/women’s basketball team at the high school or college level
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.